Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wikis

I think that wikis are a great thing to use at school for both the teachers and the students. Wikis are a collaborative way to learn, discuss, and collaborate on  ideas and concepts. They are simple to use and don't require a great deal of technical knowledge. They are very educational friendly in that the teacher has control over the wiki space that is created. She can monitor, edit and delete posts. The students find the wiki very easy to use.

I think Cy Fair has really embraced the wiki. I know that I belong to at least 5 wikis that are Cy Fair based. I am thinking about creating a wiki for my school that will have technology ideas and how to intergrate them into different curriculums. Using a wiki will allow others to share as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment